It is possible to help a parent who has been living in the United States as a tourist for over a decade in California to apply for legal status. However, the process can be complex and will depend on the individual’s specific circumstances. They may be eligible for a variety of immigration options, such as a green card through family sponsorship, a work visa, or asylum.

It is important to note that immigration laws and regulations are constantly changing, and it can be hard to predict how long the process will take. Additionally, the individual’s immigration history, including any prior immigration violations, will also play a role in determining their eligibility for legal status.

It is highly recommended to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer who is licensed in California to determine the best course of action and to guide you through the process. They can provide you with the most up-to-date information on immigration laws and regulations and will be able to advise you on the best strategy for your case.

Sanjay Sabarwal focuses his practice in the areas of Employment Law, Family Law and Personal Injury Law and provides outstanding service and expertise for your legal right to win cases with personalized attention and insightful counsel. Mr. Sabarwal has been the Co-Owner and House Counsel for Ziba Beauty, member of the American Bar Association, Los Angeles Bar Association, South Asian Bar Association and Orange County Bar Association. He also serves on the Advisory Board for Youth Business Alliance, which connects entrepreneurs to speak at underserved schools in Los Angeles County. He is also a board member for the Artesia Chamber of Commerce. Contact Sanjay at or (562) 250-4471.

Watch our YouTube Channel to stay updated on the latest laws here.